Cracked Windshield Repair
When your car windshield gets cracked from flying debris, the auto glass experts at Glass Doctor® will repair your cracked windshield and have you back on the road in no time. Call us today at 855-603-1919 or set up an appointment at a Glass Doctor location near you.
How to Repair A Cracked Windshield
A cracked windshield should always be addressed as soon as possible to avoid spreading. It’s easy to spot a crack on your windshield, and with the right tools, you can be driving safely within an hour.
- The first step in repairing your cracked windshield is inspecting the area and cleaning.
- Dust and debris is removed from your damaged windshield thoroughly, and could require drilling if your windshield is chipped, nicked, or gouged.
- Once a smooth pathway is created, a clear resin is injected, cured, and polished to restore your car glass to a clean, transparent finish.
It’s always best to leave your cracked windshield repair to professionals. Check out the auto glass specialists at Glass Doctor for quick, affordable service.
Do I Repair or Replace My Cracked Windshield?
Cracked windshields and auto glass cracks can easily be repaired if the crack isn’t too wide and is identified early. Location and timespan are also important factors in determining whether or not your windshield needs to be repaired or replaced:
- Cracks that extend past three inches and chips larger than 3/8 inch usually call for a replacement of your windshield.
- If your windshield crack blocks your line of vision in the driver’s seat, you should replace it.
- Over time, dirt and debris will build up in a crack, making it more difficult to repair. Repair your windshield at your earliest convenience.
Advantages of Windshield Repair
If auto experts determine your windshield crack can be repaired, you’ll save a lot of money from an expensive replacement.
- Repairing your cracked windshield is convenient. Most auto glass repairs can be completed in under an hour and your car insurance company often covers the cost.
- Repairing your cracked auto windshield is inexpensive when compared to the cost of replacing an entire windshield.
- Repairing your windshield protects the environment. Scrapped windshields often end up in overflowing landfills where they take up valuable space.
Call Glass Doctor for Cracked Windshield Repair Servicing
Our Glass Doctor auto glass specialists are experienced in dealing with cracked windshield repairs that will save you time, money, and the inconvenience of replacing your windshield. If it can be saved, we can help. Our mobile service can come to you if you don’t feel safe driving with a cracked windshield. Call us today at 855-603-1919 or set up an appointment at one of our locations near you.
Safety Windshields: https://www.safewindshields.org/
Windshield Guide: https://www.windshieldguide.com/a-complete-guide-for-windshield-replacement-cost/#Cost_of_Windshield_Replacement